We are NOT currently accepting new patients
Latest update on COVID Vaccine
Get COVID-19 vaccine updates in your inbox! Sign up for the COVID-19 vaccination update e-subscription for regular news on the vaccine roll-out.
Please do not call our office regarding the COVID vaccine. We need to keep our phone lines free for patients with immediate medical needs. Your best resource is the Ottawa Public Health website (link below). Please be assured that we will let you know if and when we get any vaccine and if you are eligible to receive it from us.
We recommend taking the first vaccine offered to you.
Here is the latest update on the COVID vaccine!
As of April 16th: Anyone aged 50 and over in the following neighbourhoods are eligible to book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment:
- Ledbury-Heron Gate-Ridgemont
- Emerald Woods – Sawmill Creek
- Hunt Club East-Western Community
- Greenboro East
- Britannia Village
- Carleton Heights – Rideauview
- Carson Groves-Carson Meadows
- Hawthorne Meadows – Sheffield Glen
- Hunt Club Park
- Lowertown (Lowertown East)
- Manor Park
- Parkwood Hills – Stewart Farm
- Sandy Hill
- Vanier North
- Vanier South
- West Centretown
- Whitehaven – Queensway Terrace North
As of April 13th: Ontario opened pre-registration to individuals with highest risk health conditions and their caregivers. These individuals can visit Ottawa Public Health to pre-register.
Those individuals with highest risk health conditions and their caregivers include:
- Organ transplant recipients
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients
- People with neurological diseases in which respiratory function may be compromised (e.g., motor neuron disease, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis)
- Haematological malignancy diagnosed less than one year ago
- Kidney disease eGFR< 30
As of April 7th: all individuals aged 60 and over in Ottawa will be eligible to book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at a mass immunization clinic through the provincial online booking system and call centre 1‑833‑943‑3900
As of April 3rd: all individuals aged 55 and over in Ottawa will be eligible to receive the Astra Zeneca vaccine at select Ottawa pharmacies. More information on the Aztra Zenica vaccine.
ONLINE booking for VACCINE:
You can currently only book through the provincial online vaccine booking system if you say “yes” to all of the following.
- are turning 70 or older in 2021
- have a green photo health (OHIP) card (you will need numbers on both sides of the card, expired cards will be accepted)
- have an email address
- have a modern web browser (the booking site is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11 or earlier)
PHARMACIES OFFERING ASTRA ZENICA VACCINE:
for patients ages 55 or older
WEBSITE to check your COVID VACCINE eligibility in Ottawa:
Vaccine is underway for:
- Congregate living for seniors
- Health care workers
- Adults in First Nations, Métis and Inuit populations
- Adult chronic home care recipients
- Adults over 70 years old
Vaccine has not started for:
Phase 2: April 2021 – July 2021
- Adults aged 60 to 79, in 5-year increments
- High-risk congregate settings (such as shelters, community living)
- Individuals with high-risk chronic conditions and their caregivers
- Those who cannot work from home
- At-risk populations
Phase 3: July 2021 onwards
- Adults 59 years and younger
We will let you know as soon as possible if and when the vaccine becomes available to us.
Information on vaccines:
- Answers to vaccine questions for patients over 80: https://www.ontariofamilyphysicians.ca/tools-resources/covid-19-resources/covid-19-vaccines/covid-vax-80plus-qa.pdf
- Short patient education videos developed by healthcare workers https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUKIRxHVLkEUm727UtibHSg
- Ontario Ministry of Health vaccine information https://covid-19.ontario.ca/getting-covid-19-vaccine-ontario#phase-1
Latest clinic updates
Frequently Asked Questions
595 Montreal Road, Suite 400
Ottawa, ON K1K 4L2