Starting April 5, 2022, Ottawa Public Health (OPH) will be implementing pilot Neighborhood Wellness Hubs in 5 locations across the City.
To better support the wellness of Ottawa residents, staff working in the Neighbourhood Wellness Hubs will be promoting mental health and substance use health directly in our communities and connecting residents with social services supports.
The 5 locations will be:
- Rideau Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre, 815 St. Laurent Boulevard
- Bellevue Community Centre, 1475 Caldwell Avenue
- Albion-Heatherington Recreation Centre, 1560 Heatherington Road
- Boys & Girls’ Club Ron Kolbus Clubhouse, 2825 Dumaurier Avenue (Bay Ward)
- Boys & Girls’ Club Don McGahan Clubhouse, 430 McArthur Avenue
To reduce stigma and barriers to accessing mental health and substance use supports, the Hub services will be provided by culturally diverse public health staff. Residents will be able to access strategies, tips and resources on wellness, support with booking of short-term counselling, system navigation of mental health and substance use health counselling and programs, and access to social services through the Community and Social Services Department’s Employee and Social Services teams.
OPH is proud to be operating the pilot Neighborhood Wellness Hubs in partnership with the City of Ottawa’s Community and Social Services Department, Upstream Ottawa, AccessMHA, Counselling Connect and 1Call1Click.