Have you gotten a flu shot already?
Please take a moment to let us know!
Everyone over the age of 6 months is advised to get a flu shot. It is particularly important this year amid the COVID pandemic. We have organized 5 consecutive weekend Flu Shot Clinics to facilitate Flu Shot distribution in a physically distanced way.
Where can I get my FLU vaccine?
In addition to our RRFM Flu Shot Clinics listed below, here are other places you can get your flu shot. If you received your flu shot elsewhere be sure to let us know so we may update your chart.
1) Ottawa Public Health Flu Shot Clinic locations:
- Notre-Dame-Des-Champs Community Hall, 3659 Navan Road, Orléans
- Ottawa Public Library-Orleans Branch, 1705 Orléans Blvd., Orléans
- Lansdowne – Horticulture Building, 1525 Princess Patricia, Downtown
- Mary Pitt Centre, 100 Constellation Dr., Nepean
- Chapman Mills Community Building, 424 Chapman Mills Drive, Barrhaven
- Eva James Memorial Centre, 65 Stonehaven Drive, Kanata
Information and Online Booking for Ottawa Public Health Flu Clinics: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/influenza-flu.aspx#clinics
2) Participating Pharmacies
Available for patients ages 5 years of age and older. This year pharmacies will also be stocking the High Dose Flu Shot. Please call ahead to your local pharmacy to ensure vaccine availability.
3) RRFM Weekend Flu Shot Clinics:
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY:
- DUE TO COVID 19 THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL APPLY TO ENSURE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR STAFF AND PATIENTS.
- THIS YEAR WE WILL RUN 5 CONSECUTIVE FULL WEEKEND FLU SHOT CLINICS. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY WALK-IN FLU SHOTS DURING THE WEEK.
- APPOINTMENTS MUST BE BOOKED FOR FLU SHOT CLINICS ON THE DATES LISTED BELOW.
- APPOINTMENT TIMES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED TO CONTROL THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE CLINIC TO ALLOW FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- FAMILIES MUST BOOK ONE APPOINTMENT FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER. ANYONE ARRIVING WITHOUT A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT WILL NOT RECEIVE A FLU SHOT.
- CLINICS MAY BE CANCELLED IF VACCINE SUPPLIES ARE UNAVAILABLE. AN EMAIL NOTICE WILL BE SENT OUT IF ANY CLINIC DATES NEED TO BE CANCELLED.
FLU CLINIC SCHEDULE:
Since October 31st we have been offering weekend flu shot clinics. Here are the upcoming sessions. Spots still available!
Saturday November 28, 2020 – 8:00am – 11:45am
1:00pm – 3:45pm
Sunday November 29, 2020 – 8:00am – 11:45am
1:00pm – 3:45pm
Appointments for the above clinic can be booked by calling our office at 613-695-6900 ext 4 starting Monday November 23.
WE ASK EVERYONE TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY:
- YOU MUST WEAR A FACE MASK AND REMAIN 2M APART.
- FLU SHOT CLINICS WILL BE HELD IN THE LOBBY OF OUR BUILDING.
- YOU MUST ENTER THROUGH THE REAR PARKING LOT ENTRANCE WHERE YOU WILL BE TRIAGED AND YOUR TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN.
- PLEASE DRESS SO YOU CAN EASILY HAVE YOUR ARM READY FOR THE INJECTION AS SOON AS YOU ARE SEATED AT INJECTION STATION.
- ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR INJECTION YOU WILL EXIT THROUGH THE FRONT PARKING LOT DOORS AND RETURN TO YOUR VEHICLE.
- YOU MUST WAIT FOR 15 MINUTES BEFORE LEAVING THE PARKING LOT.
- THERE WILL BE STAFF PATROLLING THE PARKING LOT TO ENSURE ALL PATIENTS ARE SAFE.
Rideau-Rockcliffe Family Medicine
High Risk Patients include:
Children under 5 yrs old
Adults 65 years and older
Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
Patients who have chronic medical conditions (e.g. asthma or other chronic lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease, and neurological disease, BMI over 40).
Patients with weakened immune systems due to disease or medication (such as people with HIV/AIDS, cancer, or those on chronic steroids or immunosuppressant medications).
Caregivers of anyone on this list
For more information on the Flu: www.ontario.ca/page/flu-facts
Ontario COVID-19 information: https://covid-19.ontario.ca