Have you gotten a flu shot already?
If you received your flu vaccine at a pharmacy and have not yet updated us, please take a moment to let us know!
Everyone over the age of 6 months is advised to get a flu shot. It is particularly important this year amid the COVID pandemic.
Where can I get my FLU vaccine?
This year, flu vaccines are available through Ottawa pharmacies and family doctors.
Ottawa Public Health Community Flu Clinics for the 2021-2022 influenza season will be available from early November 2021 to late December 2021 for eligible Ottawa residents. Eligible Ottawa residents may book an appointment if they meet one of the following criteria:
- People six months to two years of age and their household members
- Those facing barriers to getting the flu vaccine such as:
- You are a newcomer to Canada
- You are without an Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP card)
- You do not have a primary care provider, such as a doctor or nurse and have had difficulty accessing the vaccine at a pharmacy
Getting your annual flu vaccine is an important way to help protect yourself, your family and high risk groups in your community against seasonal flu. It will also help reduce the burden on Canada’s health care system during this unprecedented time. The flu vaccine will not protect against COVID-19, but it will help reduce your risk of getting the flu and COVID-19 at the same time. Having both illnesses at the same time could put you at a higher risk for severe illness.
To avoid crowding, OPH community clinics will be by appointment only. Appointments will become available every Tuesday at 4pm for the following week.
- To book an appointment visit the Ottawa Public Health (OPH) Flu Immunization Online Booking System
- Complete the Influenza vaccine consent form – 2021/2022 (pdf – 254 KB)
1) Ottawa Public Health Flu Shot Clinic locations:
- University of Ottawa – Minto Sports Complex Tuesday to Thursday 12:45 to 7:10pm Friday and Saturday: 9:45am to 4:10pm
- JH Putman School Tuesday to Thursday 12:45 to 7:10pm, Friday and Saturday: 9:45am to 4:10pm
- Eva James Memorial Centre Tuesday to Thursday 12:45 to 7:10pm, Friday Saturday: 9:45am to 4:10pm
- Orleans Ruddy Family YMCA-YWCA Tuesday to Thursday 12:45 to 7:10pm, Friday Saturday: 9:45am to 4:10pm
Information and Online Booking for Ottawa Public Health Flu Clinics: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/influenza-flu.aspx#clinics
2) Participating Pharmacies
Influenza vaccines are available in late fall – please call ahead to your local pharmacy to ensure vaccine availability. Use the map or table below to find your nearest participating pharmacy. Please note that pharmacies that have a green marker offer vaccine for 2 to 5 year olds.
For more information on the Flu: www.ontario.ca/page/flu-facts
Ontario COVID-19 information: https://covid-19.ontario.ca